Red Wine – Saint Chinian Terrasses de Maynard 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: 60% Syrah, 20% Grenache, 20% Mourvèdre
- The terroir: Founded in 1968, the Roquebrun cellar is located in the regional park of Haut Languedoc, 30 km north of Béziers between the two regional capitals, Montpellier and Toulouse. The village of Roquebrun has an exceptional microclimate. This very mild but relatively arid climate, combined with the acidic slate-rich soils, allow for a particular expression of the different varieties of the Saint-Chinian Roquebrun appellation, in particular Syrah and Mourvèdre, which claims its place on the arid hillsides, and allow their aromatic potential to explode for the development of products with a recognized quality and typical nature.
- The estate: The total area is 650 hectares of slate-rich terraced hillsides with full southern exposure. The rugged terrain, highly dispersed plot distribution and carbonic maceration vinification methods used led the winemakers of Roquebrun to continue manual harvesting, and a good part of the maintenance work are still today performed by hand.
- The people: Quality and respect for the environment guide the winemaker’s daily work and the creation of our wines.
Here, the expertise of the winemakers, accompanied by an agronomist and our oenologist Alain Rogier to manage our small-yield vines with sustainable agriculture methods allows us to offer you exceptional flavour and vision (of the characteristic landscapes).
As a result, in 2004, the typical characteristics of our land, combined with the growing quality of our wines and technical rigour of all our winemakers allowed us to obtain the appellation Roquebrun.
This distinction awarded by the INAO recognizes several years of winemaking and rural work, investments in equipment and the commitment of the men and women attached to their land, their career and their village.
- The wine: Beautiful intense robe with purple reflections; bright and lively. The nose, powerful and complex, presents intense aromas of red berries with mineral notes. Elegant and harmonious, the body is characterized by fruity aromas and a nice, spicy, long and complex finish.
- Food pairing : This wine is very pleasant to drink throughout a meal, but is particularly suited to game, red meat and strong cheeses.