Rose Wine – Côtes de Provence Château Camparnaud 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: Grenache, Cinsault, Tibouren, Rolle, Syrah
- The terroir: Located in Cotignac, the Château Camparnaud covers an area of 20 wooded hectares with a clay-limestone soil.
- The estate: 100% of the harvest is cold-processed and sorted on optical sorting tables. The 20 hectares are vinified in an entirely temperature-controlled fermenting room to produce 1,000 hectolitres of wine.
- The people: Château Camparnaud’s operations got started with a meeting between two men who share the same passion for wine: Marnix Angels, a Dutch fine-wine broker, and Guillaume de Chevron Villette, a winemaker from Provence.
- The wine: Colour of medium intensity; salmon-coloured reflections with cherry nuances. The astonishingly complex nose combines the scents of citrus and berry with balsamic notes evocative of garrigue (pine sap). It offers the fullness, freshness and length one expects from a great rosé. The finish has notes of cherry and sap.
- Food pairing: Ideal with fish or grilled meats, it is best enjoyed as an aperitif. Serve chilled to 12°C. Drink within the year.