Rose Wine – Côtes de Provence Château Ferry Lacombe 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: Three main varieties: Grenache, which provides notes of pink grapefruit and citrus, Syrah with its notes of berries, cherries and strawberries, and Cinsault with its delicacy and roundness.
- The terroir: Château Ferry Lacombe is located 20 km east of Aix en Provence, at the foot of the Sainte-Victoire mountain, in the heart of the Arc valley: it is the most beautiful terroir in Provence to develop rosé wines: a clay-limestone soil, cold at night, very sunny during the day with the Mistral wind which dries the vines after rain, thus preventing the appearance of traditional vine diseases. The northeastern exposure of our vines promotes a slower maturing of the grapes, which helps the flavours develop fully.
- The estate: The property extends over 130 hectares, 60 of which are planted with vines and the rest composed of Mediterranean forest with pine trees and green oaks. Eight different varieties are used to produce white, red and rosé wines. Rosé, emblematic of Provence, represents over 80% of our production and more than 300,000 bottles per year. Harvesting is carried out mechanically during the night to harvest grapes at the coolest temperature possible and thus promote the maceration time that is essential to the extraction of aromas. The stainless-steel, temperature-controlled fermenting vats make it possible to control the vinification temperatures and therefore the colours and aromas. The wine is vacuum-bottled and the bottles are stored in an air-conditioned warehouse, which guarantees the optimal conservation of our products.
- The people: Michel Pinot bought this estate some 15 years ago after a 30-year career in mass merchandising. There, he undertook a massive reorganization of the vines (20 hectares were uprooted and replanted), the cellar, in which the storage capacity was increased by nearly 50%, and the bottling facilities. With the support of his children Mathieu and Alexandra, he now supervises two estates totalling over 110 hectares of vineyards and a potential of 750,000 bottles.
- The wine: It is a rather pale, rose-petal-coloured rosé, with a nose marked by notes of strawberry and raspberry. The mouthfeel is round with fruits dominating at the beginning, then making way for floral notes and a finish of citrus fruit (pomelo and lemon).
- Food pairing: Serve chilled, between 10 and 12°C (take out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving). It pairs well with starters, seafood or prawns seared on a plancha, grilled fish, roasted meats, fried rice and mixed salads and should be enjoyed young, within two years.