Rose Wine – Côtes de Provence Sainte Victoire 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault
- The terroir: Located essentially on hillsides with full southern exposure, the predominantly clay-limestone soils with high stone content have all the advantages necessary for a quality production.
The climate is typically Mediterranean, characterized by exceptional sunlight and the regular apparition of the Mistral northwest wind, which benefits the vines because the dryness and coolness it brings keeps diseases at bay.
- The estate: The cellar, one of the region’s largest, combines traditional grape-growing and vinification techniques with cutting-edge equipment. Vinification methods suited to each variety make it possible to extract their essence: the strength of the Grenache, the aromas of the Syrah and the delicacy of the Cinsaut. Their combination yields harmonious and elegant wines.
- The people: The vineyard has been here for a long time. In the 16th century, one of the lords of Glandevès had over 50 men working in his vineyard on the Saint Etienne hillside west of the village.
For the past 100 years, the vine has gained in area, and for the past 50 years ongoing improvements have been implemented by the Pourrières cellar.
- The wine: Light, vibrant robe. Floral and delicate nose. Long finish.
- Food pairing: It pairs perfectly with aperitifs and all Mediterranean and Asian dishes. Serve between 8 and 10°C.