Rose Wine – Côtes de Thau IGP Réserve de Monrouby 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: Carignan Noir: a traditional variety from Languedoc, growing late but with an excellent maturity in Mediterranean climate. Suited to the production of pale, fresh and aromatic rosés. Grenache: the regional variety of the catchment area of the Thau pond. Well suited to its terroir, it can be used to improve light-coloured, generous rosés. Cinsault: southern variety with large fruit, drought-resistant. It yields wines that are generally fruity and pale-coloured, ideal for combining for rosé profiles. Syrah: a black variety that is very aromatic, for premium wines and suited to the production of fruity, indulgent rosés.
- The terroir: Located on clay-limestone terraces known as Costières, overlooking the Etang de Thau, the vines benefit from a Mediterranean climate tempered by maritime influences. The nights are cooler and more humid than in the back country. It is a cool terroir, well-suited to the production of quality rosés.
- The estate: The vineyard of Les Costières de Pomerols covers 1,630 hectares in the municipalities of Pomerols, Castelnau de Guers and Mèze in the IGP Côtes de Thau zone.
The 400 winemakers of the cooperative cellar produce an average of 120,000 hl, made up of white (48%), red (28%) and rosé (24%).
Vinification: grapes harvested at maturity (at 12 to 13°C) from plots with excellent sun exposure. Direct pressing. Juice selection, inertization. Settling for 48 hours at 8°C. Temperature-controlled fermentation at 16°C.
- The people: Les Costières de Pomérols has been making superior-quality wines since 1932.
To adapt its offering to market demand, it regularly invests in the modernization and automation of its production facilities. In 2003, Les Costières de Pomerols obtained the ISO 9001 certification, which confirms the company’s deep commitment to quality.
- The wine: Light-peach robe with litchi reflections, very luminous. Crisp, expressive nose with candy notes. An indulgent and balanced mouthfeel, developing elegant fruity notes, with a finish supported by an outstanding freshness.
- Food pairing: This wine pairs perfectly with mixed salad as well as gourmet desserts or fresh fruit salads. Of course, it is also perfect when enjoyed as an aperitif. Serving temperature: 10 to 12°C. Consume within the year.