Rose Wine – Languedoc Prieuré Saint Hippolyte 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: 70% Syrah and 30% Grenache. Average age of the vines: 30 years Average yield: 45Hl/Ha.
- The terroir: The Fontès vineyard is located in the heart of Languedoc, in the first foothills of the southern Cévennes, extending across volcanic land. The vines, cultivated on terraces under the influence of a Mediterranean-type microclimate with southern and southwestern exposure, lend themselves admirably to the production of high-quality wines. Our plots with garrigue offer wines with a very aromatic nose and flavour due to the surrounding nature that is rich in flowers (shale, hawthorn, etc.) and spices (thyme, rosemary, juniper, etc.), typical aromas of garrigues. The mosaic of the soils (basalt, pebbles etc.) also gives character to our wines. Our typical wines are the product of this generous nature, reflecting the diversity of the land that gave birth to them.
- The estate: The Fontès vineyard was born with the Roman camp, between the 1st and 2nd centuries. It covers 830 hectares and yields a production of 60,000 hl/year. The cellar is being improved over time with the acquisition of the best production, vinification and storage facilities, pneumatic presses, tangential filter for bottling, underground cellar for the barrels, air-conditioned storage area for the bottles and a tasting cellar.
- The people: The Fontésole cooperative was created in 1930 and includes 150 winegrowers. The vineyard earned its reputation by combining the Carlencas and Oustalet estates, as well as prestigious places such as Château Mazers. The cellar regularly wins awards for all of its wines, but most particularly its Prieuré St. Hippolyte range.
- The wine: Rosé wine with an excellent nose-mouthfeel balance. Lively and brilliant robe with blue reflections. A nose with notes of blackcurrant, strawberry and raspberry. Silky, mature tannins. Notes of blackcurrant and candied cherry. Long finish. Bright, fresh, fruity and indulgent.
- Food pairing: Excellent material for a rosé. The perfect accompaniment for simple dishes (such as a mushroom omelet) as well as dishes with slightly stronger or spicier flavours based on tomatoes, grilled white meat, pumpkin soup or chocolate desserts. This rosé can be enjoyed at any time of the year. Keeps 2 years. Serve at between 6 and 8°C.