Rose Wine – Millegrand Pays d’Oc IGP Syrah 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: Syrah
- The terroir: A selection of plots on our family properties, including Château Millegrand, covering our vineyards along the Canal du Midi between Carcassonne and Béziers. The vines used for this cuvée grow mainly in the deep clay-limestone soils of our richest and hottest lands, located between Béziers and Narbonne.
- The estate: Combining tradition and modernity, the vinification is carried out at our state-of-the-art winery, Domaine de la Motte in Narbonne. An assemblage of bled rosé, conferring high levels of materials and sweetness, and direct-press rosé providing freshness and fruit. Temperature-controlled fermentation, maturing on fine lees.
- The people: Winemakers from generation to generation since 1870, Jean-Michel Bonfils and his three sons, Olivier, Laurent and Jérôme, are owner-harvesters who are solidly anchored in the Languedoc region, among others, with 17 properties from Béziers and Carcassonne to Perpignan and Limoux. They are truly passionate about grapes and working the land.
They aim to develop authentic wines that reflect all the richness of their exceptional terroir as faithfully as possible.
To optimize the quality of their grapes and wines, the Bonfils family established strict specifications for its vineyard and vinification cellars.
- The wine: Beautiful light-pink robe with bluish reflections. Very expressive nose with indulgent berry notes (strawberries, raspberries). Full body, generous fruit, with a nice acidity providing a pleasant freshness.
- Food pairing: Ideal as an aperitif. Serve at around 12°C with petits fours, cured pork, mixed salads, white meats, grilled fish or fruit-based desserts. Enjoy young (within the year).