White Wine – Chardonnay Millegrand Pays d’Oc IGP 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: Chardonnay
- The terroir: A selection of plots on our family properties, including Château Millegrand, covering our vineyards along the Canal du Midi between Carcassonne and Béziers. The majority of this Chardonnay comes from the southernmost vines close to Lézignan and Narbonne.
- The estate: Combining tradition and modernity, the vinification is carried out at our state-of-the-art winery, Domaine de la Motte in Narbonne. Skin maceration followed by pneumatic pressing. The harvest, grape must and wine are protected from oxidation throughout the entire preparation process. The vinification takes place in a temperature-controlled environment of around 16°C. The wine is then matured over fine lees.
- The people: Winemakers from generation to generation since 1870, Jean-Michel Bonfils and his three sons, Olivier, Laurent and Jérôme, are owner-harvesters who are solidly anchored in the Languedoc region, among others, with 17 properties from Béziers and Carcassonne to Perpignan and Limoux. They are truly passionate about grapes and working the land.
They aim to develop authentic wines that reflect all the richness of their exceptional terroir as faithfully as possible.
To optimize the quality of their grapes and wines, the Bonfils family established strict specifications for its vineyard and vinification cellars.
- The wine: Superb golden-yellow robe with bright reflections. Intense and complex nose with notes of citrus (grapefruit), white fruits (peach) and vanilla. The mouthfeel is ample and harmonious with heft, volume and excellent aromatic persistence with notes of hazelnut and honey.
- Food pairing: Serve at around 12°C as an aperitif, with fish, poultry in white sauce or goat cheese. Can be kept 1 to 2 years.