White Wine – Saint Veran Collovray-Terrier 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: Chardonnay
It yields a wine of great delicacy, well balanced, powerful, ample and offering a strong aromatic potential. Chardonnay is also very well suited to maturing and fermenting in barrels.
- The terroir: Located in the southwest part of the Saint-Véran appellation near the Solutré and Vergisson rock, these chalky terroirs dating from the Jurassic Period are perfect for the production and expression of Chardonnay. A rich, mature Saint-Véran of great character and typical attributes.
- The estate: Like all good stories, the Collovray & Terrier adventure includes many rebounds and new beginnings. It all began with Joanny Collovray, in 1928, and the first vines he owned near the village of Davayé, a few kilometres west of Mâcon, under the rocks of Solutré and Vergisson. Two generations later, the Collovrays met the Terriers and partnered up in the Domaine des Deux Roches, founded in 1986. Today, the fourth generation is at work…
- The people: Everything – or almost everything – comes in pairs at Collovray & Terrier. Two families, two names, two men, Christian and Jean-Luc, two sisters, Brigitte and Florence. But also two rocks, Solutré and Vergisson, two estates, Les Deux Roches and Antugnac, two regions: Mâconnais and Haute-Vallée de l’Aude.
- The wine: The nose expresses rich aromas of white flowers and white fruits, such as peach, apricot and pear. Intense mouthfeel, round onset, delicately structured and mineral. The elegant finish reveals lemony notes.
- Food pairing: As an aperitif with or without a cheese puff pastry, it pairs excellently with crustaceans and seafood, sushi, grilled fish, asparagus, ham, parsley and goat’s cheese. Suggested serving temperature: 12 to 14°C. Can be kept 2 to 5 years.