White Wine – Touraine Sauvignon Château de la Roche 75cl
- Characteristic varieties: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- The terroir: The Château de la Roche estate’s area is 30 hectares in total, including 20 hectares of Sauvignon. These are sandy-clay silt soils that allow for natural drainage and an easy warming of the earth. The soils are balanced and are very well suited to ensuring the value and quality of the wine.
- The estate: Dominating the south bank of the Loire near Amboise, the Château de la Roche was built between the 10th and 15th centuries, then renovated during the Renaissance. Originally a guard post on a ford of the Loire, over the centuries it became an appreciated residence and home to the Duke of Choiseul and the Daudet and Cézanne families. The grapes are cultivated according to the principles of integrated farming.
- The people: The vineyard belongs to Ms. Chainier. The marriage between the vines and the stone, elegant names and great appellations was the choice of the Chainier family. It cultivates 30 hectares at Château de la Roche, where the cellar and habitation makes it possible to remain in the heart of the appellations, as well as in the middle of Art and History.
- The wine: It has a beautiful pale yellow colour. The nose is fruity (citron, grapefruit) with some spicy and floral notes (broom). Aromatic, round and well-balanced on the palate.
- Food pairing: It is ideal with aperitifs, fish (in a terrine, grilled, in a sauce), seafood, cured pork and goat’s cheese. Serve at 12°C. Enjoy in its youth (within two years of its harvest).